Wine Description & Statistics
click image to enlarge

Aug.27-Sept.22, 2015
Sugar: 23.2-24.7 Brix

Los Alamos 57% Chardonnay
Hilltop 38% Chardonnay
Lafond 5% Chardonnay

33% barrel fermented
aged 'sur lie' with 'batonage'
67% stainless steel tanks
with frequent lees stirring
Total Acid: .71
pH: 3.34
Alcohol: 13.7%

Bottled: June-July 2016

Production: 11,570 cases

Santa Barbara County

2015 Chardonnay
The grapes for this wine come from a variety of vineyards that Winemaker Bruce McGuire has selected over the years for their quality and consistency. Many are from the same blocks year after year. Cool climate Chardonnay is balanced with those from warmer vineyards.

All the grapes were pressed as whole clusters with
67% of the wine fermented in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 33% was barrel fermented and underwent malolactic fermentation. The barrelled wine was aged 'sur lie' and its lees regularly stirred to impart flavor and complexity.

The result is a wine that is bright and flavorful with a great deal of fruit intensity. We consider this our trademark Chardonnay, a wine we have consistently produced year after year.

Winemaker's comments: 2015 was a small crop year throughout California. Santa Barbara County had a small but very concentrated Chardonnay harvest resulting in a wine wuth intense fruit and flavor.

Gold Medal 2017 Critics' Choice
Gold Medal 2017 New York International Wine Competition

Suggested retail: 17.00

2015 Chardonnay 17.00

pdf images and Stats are 300 dpi:
pdf statistics  |  Bottle  |  Label   |   Bottle/glass/corkscrew